Our Legal Assistants are key employees in workflow, client relations and practice organization. You will work in a supportive environment that allows you the opportunity to demonstrate and develop your organizational and legal skills.
Law clerks work closely with our lawyers as members of our legal services team. We offer interesting and varied work with the opportunity to demonstrate your talents and assume responsibility in many areas. You will work in a dynamic environment supported by a strong team oriented culture.
We are currently recruiting for a Law Clerk
This role is located in our Hamilton office
SimpsonWigle LAW LLP is currently recruiting for a Litigation Law Clerk with a minimum of 5 years experience.
• Assisting with trial preparation including Trial Records, Evidence Notices, Requests to Admit, Joint Documents Briefs, Witness Lists and related Briefs;
• Preparation of Application/Motion materials, including Record, Facta, Authorities Briefs;
• Preparation of default judgment documents and trial forms from the various jurisdictions;
• Preparation of Costs Outlines/Bill of Costs;
• Organizing client documentary disclosure and preparation of Affidavit of Documents and Production Books, utilizing Case Logistix when appropriate;
• Attend discoveries as requested.
• Law Clerk Diploma/Certificate and a minimum of 5 years experience preferably in Commercial Litigation
• Understanding of the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure;
• Knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Functional expertise in the use of Automated Civil Litigation (ACL);
• Experience with Case Logistix;
• Excellent team player with strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills, file management skills and the ability to effectively multi-task;
• Ability to take initiative and work independently.
Please reply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your covering letter and resume, including 'Litigation Law Clerk' in your subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our administration team comprises a number of professional service departments, and is essential to delivering client service.
SimpsonWigle LAW LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a congenial work environment. If you are interested in a career at SimpsonWigle LAW LLP, please e-mail your covering letter and resume to email@example.com.