AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Jay Rosenblatt is a Partner at SIMPSONWIGLE LAW and is engaged in a Corporate Commercial Law practice.
Jay counsels Stakeholders at Risk, including Business Owners, Board Members and Senior Management on legal and business-related issues.
Many of his clients view Jay as their general counsel with whom they consult regarding any business matters that may have legal implications. Jay has a reputation of developing creative and workable solutions to his client’s problems.
Jay provides a wide range of legal services to small-to-medium sized businesses, technology-enabled companies and businesses requiring the services of these companies. In this role, Jay has spearheaded the establishment of the Golden Horseshoe Venture Forum (www.ghvf.org).
Due diligence and disaster management are key elements to his Legal Risk Management guidance. Jay provides advice and support to Stakeholders at Risk on how to identify, manage and mitigate legal and business risk, and has developed a unique Legal Risk Assessment Matrix.
A RELIABLE APPROACH
"My three business pillars are: Availability, Reliability and
WHAT SETS JAY APART
"I provide creative solutions. I try to find novel ways to solve problems for business owners.”
THE BEST PART OF THE JOB
“The best part of my job is the satisfaction of successfully closing a business transaction and successfully solving my clients’ problems.”
- Called to the Bar in Ontario, 1973
- LL.B. University of Toronto
- B.A. University of Toronto
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Founder & Chair – Golden Horseshoe Venture Forum (www.ghvf.org)
- Director – Canadian Centre For Emergency Preparedness (www.ccep.ca)
- Director & Chair – Hamilton Crime Stoppers
- Advisor – John C. Munro International Airport Community Advisory Council
- Member – Hamilton Emergency Preparedness Advisory Council
- Co-Founder & Chair - Innovation: Water Initiative
- Legal Counsel – Ontario Association of Emergency Managers