Jay Rosenblatt is a partner in the firm and is engaged in a Business Law practice. He counsels Stakeholders at Risk, including business owners, Board members, senior management and municipalities on legal and business-related issues.
Many of his clients view him as their general counsel with whom they consult regarding their business matters that may have legal implications. Jay has a reputation of developing creative and workable solutions to his client’s problems.
Jay provides a wide range of legal services to technology enabled companies, technology start-ups, and clients expanding into the high-tech arena, and businesses requiring the services of these companies. In this role, Jay has spearheaded the establishment of the Golden Horseshoe Venture Forum (www.ghvf.org).
Due diligence and disaster management are key elements to his Legal Risk Management guidance. Jay provides advice and support to Stakeholders at Risk on how to identify, manage, and mitigate legal and business risk, and has developed a unique Legal Risk Assessment Matrix. He presents seminars on Legal Risk Management at many North American Conferences, and has presented at MIT, FEMA/Homeland Security, HRPA, CAPDM, and WCDM, and on behalf of a large pharmaceutical company. He has identified Risk in such areas as Supply Chain Management, Cyber-Risk and Human Resources.
Jay is also the Co-Founder of the Innovation: Water Initiative, connecting Business, Innovators and Money in order to determine and develop solutions to Water Risk.
Jay has sat on the Board of Directors of the Canadian Centre for Emergency Preparedness (www.ccep.ca), the City of Hamilton’s Emergency Preparedness Advisory Council(EPAC), the Hamilton Airport Community Advisory Board, Hamilton Crime Stoppers, and the North Hamilton Community Health Centre.
He received the Mark Chamberlain DiFizen of the Year Award, in recognition of his efforts to Make A Big DiF in Hamilton’s Innovation Community, and the Reg Whynott Crime Stoppers Award.
His hobbies including hiking, biking, tripping in Algonquin Park, and trekking in the Himalayas.
Admissions & Affiliations
- Called to the Bar in Ontario 1973
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Founder & Chair – Golden Horseshoe Venture Forum (www.ghvf.org)
- Director – Canadian Centre For Emergency Preparedness (www.ccep.ca)
- Director & Chair – Hamilton Crime Stoppers
- Advisor – John C. Munro International Airport Community Advisory Council
- Member – Hamilton Emergency Preparedness Advisory Council
- Co-Founder & Chair - Innovation: Water Initiative
- Legal Counsel – Ontario Association of Emergency Managers
- B.A. – University of Toronto
- LL.B. – University of Toronto