Paul is a partner in the law firm. His practice is concentrated on Corporate Law including governance issues, not for profit and special act corporations; and wills and estate planning and incapacity planning with particular emphasis on succession planning for businesses, private corporations and professionals, their families, In addition, he helps individuals dealing with wealth transfer issues, legacy planning, business generational succession, philanthropy, personal property protection, trusts, estate dispute resolution and incapacity.
Paul is an accomplished business lawyer who is uniquely qualified to guide large and small companies individuals, family businesses and not for profit and special act corporations through day to day corporate matters as well as with more complex and sensitive governance issues. He assists individuals through every life-stage life transition from early relationships and commencing work, through business entrepreneurial efforts and personal issues to the end of life and all that it entails.
As counsel to owners of family businesses, Paul advises on corporate organizational planning from a legal perspective and implementation of succession plans for family businesses. Through careful ongoing attention to the needs of individuals and family groups Paul has been able to act as personal advisor over the long-term to most of his clients. In times of opportunity, change or problem, Paul has been there for clients to provide relevant advice and to discuss future strategy options.
Admissions & Affiliations
- Called to the Bar in Ontario 1972
- Fellow - The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, U.S.A.
- The Family Business Alliance
- Hamilton Law Association
- Estate Planners Council of Hamilton
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Family Enterprise
- The Family Firm Institute, U.S.A.
- The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, U.S.A.
- Attorneys for Family Held Enterprises, U.S.A.
- B.A. - University of Toronto (Economics)
- MBA - University of Toronto (Finance & Management)
- LL.B. - Osgoode Hall Law School
- Certificate in Family Business Advising - The Family Firm Institute, U.S.A.