Our Legal Assistants are key employees in workflow, client relations and practice organization. You will work in a supportive environment that allows you the opportunity to demonstrate and develop your organizational and legal skills.
Law clerks work closely with our lawyers as members of our legal services team. We offer interesting and varied work with the opportunity to demonstrate your talents and assume responsibility in many areas. You will work in a dynamic environment supported by a strong team-oriented culture.
Our administration team comprises a number of individuals who are essential to delivering client service.
**We are currently seeking a General Accountant to join our accounting team.**
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years experience, preferably in a legal office setting. The individual will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• General and trust account reconciliations, including recording transactions associated with each account
• Calculating and processing month end journal entries
• Processing month end and year end closings through the accounting software, ensuring all balancing functions are in place and all applicable reports are prepared and retained
• Maintaining balances for software related deposit accounts, trust accounts and listings
• Documenting and producing payments for all expense reports, visa accounts and other confidential matters
• Monitoring Firm bank accounts for electronic deposits relative to real estate transactions, including preparation of bank deposits and wires
• Processing monthly HST returns, including filing and payments
• Performing regular monthly follow up with all billing lawyers with respect to work in progress and accounts receivable collections
• Backing up the accounts payable and accounts receivable function
The ideal candidate will have:
- Accounting degree, diploma or equivalent experience
- Needs to be organized, resourceful and capable of working independently, as well as with a number of individuals in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Command of Microsoft Office, with advanced skills in Excel
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SimpsonWigle LAW LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a congenial work environment. If you are interested in a career at SimpsonWigle LAW LLP, please submit an application by submitting your covering letter and resume below.